About one year ago I had a non-technical phone interview. For some reason, I kept track of the questions that I was asked. Since the event is well in the past, I thought of posting the questions to help those that may be wondering - as I was - what does a non-technical interview may look likes.
These are the questions that I received:
- Why did you pick CS as a major?
- What is the one project you are proud about and why?
- Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
- What do you like to do as extracurricular activities?
- What is your opinion about being a leader among technical women?
- Tell me about some technical obstacles that you encountered and how you overcome them
- What are your plans for your career?
- What would you do to increase the enrollment of women in CS related fields?
- What's your vision about the importance of technical women?
- What is an interesting area in technology?
- If you have endless monetary and technological possibilities, what project would you work on?
- When did you fall in love with CS?
The funny thing about these questions is that I don't really know what they can tell about me...
If you've had a non-technical interview, and you'd like to share sample of the questions you received, please add them in the comments.