Monday, March 8, 2010

Julia Child Is Amazing!

I've been in North America only for a few years, so I didn't know about Julia Child. I learned about her like an ignorant, from the movies :P. I got fascinated with Julia's personality and Meryl Streep's interpretation of her. Not so fascinated with the price of the cook books, though... So, I was thrilled when I recently found both volumes of the Mastering the Art of French Cooking in mint condition at a used bookstore for 40% of the original price. Of course I bought them!

For the last two weekends I experimented with new recipes from the book: beef bourguignon, chicken fricassee, creme brulee, blueberry clafoutis and Livio made some delicious lady fingers. What can I say? I'm impressed! Everything is tasting soooo good, they are a bit different than what I usually cook and, with my personal shortcuts, everything was very easy to make. And fast!

What I really liked about this book is that all ingredients are in North American language and measures :). I  don't have to search for one substitute or the other. That makes cooking French dishes much easier.

Now I only have to figure out how to add more exercise in my schedule to make up for the French sauces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment